Saturday, November 6, 2010

Summary of C4K 3-7

The first comment I made was on Mrs. Helen King classroom of 5 year olds at PT England School. There entire school held a Pirate Day celebration to celebrate all things marine. Mrs. King’s class posted a video of students celebrating the special day. In response to the video, I praised their unique idea for students to dress up in pirate costumes in effort to make learning fun by keeping students engaged and excited.

Next, I commented on Faith’s Blog, an 11 year old student. She wrote about a response to a live speech President Obama gave to the students about accomplishing dreams. She wrote that he told the students that “dreams do come true.” In response, I told Faith that one of the most important factors to that the President touched on was to organize your time correctly. I told her how I use to be a slugger when I was younger but later mastered the ability to organize my time which helped improved my grades. I told her that getting her education is essential to helping achieve her dream.


After that, I was assigned to comment to Bryant’s blog, a student in Mrs. Byrne’s 7th grade class. Bryant made a post about the miners who were rescued in Chile. He posted a summary of what happen and included links for the readings to learn more about Chile and the mining areas. I commended Bryant for posting links and his blog about the mining area to help inform the readings. Also, I expressed how the survival of all the miners was truly a miracle.

Next, I commented on Francesco’s Blog a student in Mrs. Sandler’s class. Francesco made a post celebrating the class 100th post and praised her teacher for introducing her to blogs. In response, I praised Francesco for her wonderful comments she made about her teacher and told her how ecstatic her teacher must be to know that she is enjoying learning.

Finally, I assigned to Joycelyn A’s blog in Ms. Naugle’s elementary classroom. Joycelyn made a post about a pumpkin project that her and her partner were assigned. They had to weigh the pumpkin, check to see if the pumpkin would float in water, measure the circumference, and then count the seeds. Joycelyn explained how she had fun doing the project and how messy the project was. Moreover, she was amazed that the pumpkin did not sink but floated on water when it was tested. In response, I told her I had similar projects when I was in elementary school and they taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment