Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post Assignment #5

After viewing some of the suggested material covering podcasts, I came away with a number of ideas about how to create an effective podcast to enhance the learning experience for my students. I learned that podcasts could be used to effectively communicate with students outside of the classroom as well. It would allow students to catch up if they were absent from class or got behind in the lectures. Furthermore, the process in creating the podcasts would stimulate the student’s creativity. Students could actively participate in creating their own podcasts which would make learning fun for everyone. Next, I had an opportunity to actually view a podcast that was created by students. I thought it was very well done; the coordination and the editing of the podcast were right on point. Finally, I read about the article “100 Ways to use Your IPod and Study Better,” which was very informational. I didn’t know the iPod could be used in so many rewarding ways.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tarvarie,
    First off, your blog looks excellent! I was also astounded by the number of ways an IPod can be beneficial to students. I agree that pod casting will allow endless creativity and collaboration which is not available through modern day (ancient) teaching styles. I hope every teacher takes the initiative to use all of this wonderful technology that is at his/her disposal. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Tarvaries!

    Podcasting does make learning fun for everyone. Its like learning in 3D. Not only are the students learning about their subject matter but they are also learning about teamwork, speaking clearly, information gathering, etc. This "incidental learning" is the part that really demonstrates the stark differences between an activity like podcasting and a pen and paper report.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete